[vtkusers] Include files

Andrew Maclean andrew.amaclean at gmail.com
Sun Aug 29 21:45:29 EDT 2010

Hi Gib,
It is best to use CMake, however if you look at VTKConfig.cmake you
will see the paths to all the includes libraries etc. One look at this
file should convince you to use CMake!

Look in the VTK source and examples,  especially: /Examples/GUI/Qt for
examples of CMakeLists.txt files for use with QT. Also look at
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples and
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Tutorials, in particular
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Tutorials/CMakeListsFileForQt4

I hope this helps.

Regards
   Andrew

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 11:19 AM, Gib Bogle <g.bogle at auckland.ac.nz> wrote:
> This is a question or a suggestion.  VTK include files are scattered across
> the directory tree.  Is there a simple way to gather them all together in
> the same directory?  I'm building a Qt app (with Qt Creator and MinGW on
> Windows), and I resorted to manually copying all the "missing" VTK include
> files to one place so the compiler tools could locate them.  This seems a
> bit clumsy.  If I'm not just displaying my ignorance, perhaps an include
> directory containing copies of all the include files would be a useful
> addition to the VTK distribution.

> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

Andrew J. P. Maclean
Centre for Autonomous Systems