[vtkusers] vtkLandmarkTransform question

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Sun Aug 29 21:33:22 EDT 2010

On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 9:04 PM, Ambar C <ambarc at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was currently reviewing using the vtkLandmarkTransform class for one
> of my VTK projects, and I was wondering if someone could confirm for
> me what it does. Based on what I get from the description - it
> basically performs Simple Procrustes Analysis on the two entered sets
> of landmarks? If someone could confirm, add some light on or send me
> towards some resources regarding this, that would be totally awesome
> :)
>
> Best,
> Ambar

You are correct - it finds the best transformation from one set of landmarks
to another set (known correspondences).

Here is an example of how to use it:

http://vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Filters/LandmarkTransform
<http://vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Filters/LandmarkTransform>
Let us know if you have any more questions.

David