[vtkusers] vtkXMLPUnstructuredGridWriter() howto?

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 07:19:54 EDT 2010

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 12:51 AM, Sebastien Jourdain <
sebastien.jourdain at kitware.com> wrote:

> ParaView will exactly do that, but on the VTK+MPI side, I don't know
> exactly what you should do to make it works. I guess it's all about
> setting correctly vtkMultiProcessCommunicator... The number of Piece
> should normally be equal to the number of processes, and this might be
> automatic in some way. Give a look at the test/examples files of
> Parallel VTK kit.
>
> Seb

Sebastien,

I fixed the extent, but still only Test.pvti and Test_0.vti are generated:

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Broken/IO/XMLPImageDataWriter

The same problem happens with vtkXMLPUnstructuredGridWriter (Test.pvtu and
Test_0.vtu) are generated):
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Broken/IO/XMLPUnstructuredGridWriter

Thoughts?

David