[vtkusers] vtkFixedPointRayCastImage question

Krishna Katamneni krishna.katamneni at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 07:36:36 EDT 2010

When set like this

m_vtkMIPVolumeMapper->SetBlendModeToMaximumIntensity();  //Max Mip

Only maximum values from the input volume(though input
contains negative values) are considered for mapping.
All negative values are ignored because they are not maximum values when
compared to the other positive  values.

If you want your output to contain all the maximum values (irrespective of
the sign of the data), I think,  you have to implement your own
ray-casting algorithm.

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 4:34 PM, Kevin H. Hobbs <hobbsk at ohiou.edu> wrote:

>  On 08/25/2010 06:47 AM, Andreas Brüning wrote:
> > What i am doing wrong or is there another way to get the image?
>

>     // Window to Image
>    vtkWindowToImageFilter * win_2_image
>        = vtkWindowToImageFilter::New();
>    win_2_image->SetInput( render_window );