[vtkusers] Marching Cubes Algorithm input

dbremne2 at illinois.edu dbremne2 at illinois.edu
Fri Aug 20 11:37:11 EDT 2010

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to using marching cubes to extract an ISO surface from a refined
octree. If I were to create a uniform voxel grid over my refined octree cells
and I am certain that my original mesh is manifold and complete (no gaps or
inconsistencies) what  are the appropriate functions and data  types to pipe
my data into the VTK marching cubes algorithm?

I've looked at the examples in VTK/Examples/Medical and while I understand
marching cubes and the VTK process, I'm confused on how to prepare a
octree for the algorithm.

Thanks for you help,

Dave