[vtkusers] Compiling VTK on OS X

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Fri Aug 20 09:29:56 EDT 2010

Hello,

Which Python are you using -- the system Python that comes with Snow Leopard? If so, then you might have to build VTK for only x86_64. I just tried it now (with VTK 5.4.2) on my machine and it finishes just fine. I've never had much luck with VTK for multiple architectures, and I've never had a problem using x86_64 since I moved to OS X 10.6.

So, try using _only_ x86_64 arch and see if that works.
-Eric

Eric E Monson
Duke Visualization Technology Group