[vtkusers] multiple vtkXYChart in the same vtkRenderWindow

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Fri Aug 20 09:00:55 EDT 2010

Hey Nicolas,

Right now there may not be an ideal solution. You can follow the example of VTK/Charts/Testing/Cxx/TestMultipleChartRenderers.cxx to place the charts in separate viewports of the same render window, and that will work fine for display. I played around with this a bit recently, but I can't get the interaction to work properly because the charts detect mouse position with respect to the corner of the window, not relative to each of the viewports separately. There may be a way to add each chart to the same viewport using a single vtkContextView and each chart's SetBorders or SetPoint1 and SetPoint2 methods, but I haven't tried this yet. I have had more luck putting all the charts in a GUI so they can be arranged in a single panel, but each can have their own render window.

Maybe someone else has more clever ideas,
-Eric

Eric E Monson
Duke Visualization Technology Group