[vtkusers] 2D API- Image Drawing

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Tue Aug 17 13:21:46 EDT 2010

On Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 1:25 PM, Marcus D. Hanwell <
marcus.hanwell at kitware.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 3:28 AM, Krishna Katamneni <
> krishna.katamneni at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Dear All
>> Here is the output of drawing vtk logo image using MayaVi and VTK 2D API.
>>
>> Using MayaVi
>>
>> <snip>
>

>> Using 2DAPI
>>
>> <snip>
>

>> Here the image is drawn inverted.
>>

>> When will be the new 2D Image API will be available for use?
>>

> It is available for use, and I am able to render images using the 2D API.
> You have not said what version of VTK you are using, nor have you provided
> example code but I would infer the negative numbers in your origin may be
> causing some issues. I will see about adding an example, without code
> demonstrating this behavior all I could do is guess what might be happening.
>
> I will see about adding an example demonstrating the rendering of images.

For the benefit of the list, I just merged in a topic branch that simplifies
the vtkImageItem, and added a test (TestContextImage) that loads a PNG (the
VTK logo), and then displays it using vtkImageItem. I think this should
serve as a useful example of loading and displaying an image in the 2D API..

Thanks,

Marcus
--
Marcus D. Hanwell, Ph.D.