[vtkusers] 2D API- Image Drawing

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Sat Aug 14 13:25:45 EDT 2010

On Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 3:28 AM, Krishna Katamneni <
krishna.katamneni at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear All
> Here is the output of drawing vtk logo image using MayaVi and VTK 2D API.
>
> Using MayaVi
>
> <snip>

> Using 2DAPI
>
> <snip>

> Here the image is drawn inverted.
>

> When will be the new 2D Image API will be available for use?

It is available for use, and I am able to render images using the 2D API.
You have not said what version of VTK you are using, nor have you provided
example code but I would infer the negative numbers in your origin may be
causing some issues. I will see about adding an example, without code
demonstrating this behavior all I could do is guess what might be happening.

I will see about adding an example demonstrating the rendering of images.

Thanks,

Marcus