[vtkusers] vtkImageData Setup

Jason T. jasontang65 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 18:14:57 EDT 2010

Hello all,

I have a vtkPolyData representation of some pixel data (see picture 2). The
color map represents radiation values at the respective location on the
skull (picture 1). The scalar values come from a one-dimensional array
stored in a file and the representation is actually a grid of pixels (point
cloud) with uniform spacing.

http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n2473730/1.jpg

http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n2473730/2.jpg

How should I go about rendering the pixel data as a volume or even direct
surface rendering? Is it feasible?

I have tried making vtkImageData and doing volume rendering but it seems the
pixels are shifted and are off their actual locations. I can show this on
request as well.

Many thanks,
Jason