[vtkusers] Problem in loading big images using vtkimagereader

Arunachalam Kana Kana.Arunachalam at fh-wels.at
Tue Aug 10 11:51:34 EDT 2010

Hi VtkUsers,

I have problem in the vtkimagereader2. Following below is the code used to read image.

vtkImageReader2 * reader = vtkImageReader2::New();

                reader->SetFileName( file.toAscii().data() );

                reader->SetDataScalarType( scalarType );

                reader->SetHeaderSize( headersize );

                reader->SetDataExtent( extent );

                reader->SetDataSpacing( spacing );

                reader->SetDataOrigin( origin );

                reader->SetFileDimensionality( dim );

                reader->UpdateWholeExtent();

                reader->Update();

The code works well when I read an image <= 3Gb(approx). But it does not read the full

Image if the image is >= 3Gb. The image data set i handle is > 3Gb.

I would like to have  some suggestion to use vtkimagereader and solve this problem.

Thank you,

Regards,

Kana Arunachalam Kannappan

Research Associate