[vtkusers] Adopt an example

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Sun Aug 8 16:28:16 EDT 2010

On Sun, Aug 8, 2010 at 4:16 PM, Andy Bauer <andy.bauer at kitware.com> wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> I was checking out the broken vtkKdTree example at
> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Broken/vtkKdTree_BuildLocator_ClosestPoint
> and it seems that the BuildLocator() method was more intended for use as an
> ordering of cells by centroid so that they can be order by a viewing
> direction.  I'm not sure what was intended for this example but it shouldn't
> be used as an example of a point locator.  In any case, below is something
> you may want to put on the wiki.  I'll leave it up to you to decide how it
> should go in.
>
> Andy

Ben,

You may want to start a new thread about this - it is likely to get
buried/not seen here.

Andy,

Thanks - I moved and renamed it from Broken to here:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Visualization/ViewOrder

The intent was simply to show when/how vtkKdTree::BuildLocator should be used.

Thanks,

David