[vtkusers] 2D API- Image Drawing

Krishna Katamneni krishna.katamneni at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 02:59:41 EDT 2010

Dear All
I have several 2D  images with different dimensions, origins and
resolutions.
I want to draw them using 2D API (class vtkImageItem) etc and also want the
images to be drawn in windows screen coordinates.

I'm also confused with parameters for DrawImage method in the 2D API(are
these screen coordinates or should be in-terms of image dimensions).
When using this method, all my images are upside down.
.
For example , my window size is 600x400

and have many 2D images(  details of few examples are given below)

Image  Details

                        Resolution
Dimensions                          Origin

   1.               0.1 x 0.1 x 1             930   x  700   x
   1                -78.3 x 0  x 0
   2.               0.2 x 0.2 x 1             1560 x  750   x
   1                -78.3 x 0  x 0
   3.               0.5 x 0.2 x 1             3100 x  1560 x
   1                -100  x 20 x 0
   4.               0.1 x 0.2 x 1             360   x  180   x
   1               -14.3 x 0  x 0

and also would like my image to be to fit to the available window size(I can
resize my window dynamically).

I think we should be able to create 2D Transform that handles all these
cases in one go, but I'm not sure how to achieve it using vtkTransform2D.

Could anybody help me how to handle these situations?

Thanks in advance.
--
Best Regards
Krishna