[vtkusers] raytracing a point cloud to generate perspective projection

Jothy jothybasu at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 10:29:35 EDT 2010

I don't really understand your problem, but you can have a look at

http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/SimpleOperations/ProjectPointPlane

and also, you can use camera settings to project the points in the scene at
a given distance.Something like this

Renderer.GetActiveCamera().SetPosition([0,0,1000])
 Renderer.GetActiveCamera().SetFocalPoint(0,0,0)
 Renderer.GetActiveCamera().Pitch(90)

Jothy