[vtkusers] How can I check for errors during vtkPNGWriter.Write() call?

John Powell john.powell at us.cd-adapco.com
Fri Apr 16 15:53:26 EDT 2010

Hi,

My call to vtkPNGWriter.Write() fails due to insufficient memory when I
try to write very large images. This function doesn't return anything.
Is there a way to trap/catch the error?

Can I do this using the vtk Java Wrapper?

Here's another similar question:
In the source code for vtkPNGWriter.Write(),
There is a line:
 if (this->ErrorCode == vtkErrorCode::OutOfDiskSpaceError)

Is this Error code and the constant tkErrorCode::OutOfDiskSpaceError
available in the vtk Java Wrapper?

I'd like to check for this error condition, too.

Thanks,
*~John*

<http://www.cd-adapco.com>