[vtkusers] about exchanging images within Render Windows

Lic. José M. Rodriguez Bacallao jmrbcu at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 18:13:18 EDT 2010

hi folks, I have one Render Window and a list of dicom series (list of
vtkImageData), what I need to do is to dynamically exchange the
current displayed serie from one to another. Which is the better way
to do it, removing the actor that represent the serie and adding the
new one or removing the renderer that have the actor and adding the
new one?. I am trying to get my memory usage as low as possible
without affect too much the performance.

A basic pipeline for one serie is the following:

vtkGDCMImageReader -> vtkImageMapToWindowLevelColors -> vtkImageActor
-> vtkRenderer -> vtkRenderWindow (Qt)

which component of the pipeline to change to achieve this?

--
Lic. José M. Rodriguez Bacallao
Centro de Biofisica Medica

Recuerda: El arca de Noe fue construida por aficionados, el titanic
por profesionales