[vtkusers] How to transform my PolyData to ImplicitFunction?

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Sat Apr 10 09:09:22 EDT 2010

No, it doesn't need Elevation, per se, it just needs _some_ scalars associated with the data for the algorithm to interpolate and correctly find inside vs outside of the cells. The Delaunay is only needed to make the cells 3D (rather than the flat 2D cells associated with something like a cube from a cube source) so that "inside" and "outside" mean something more like our intuition tells us with a cube or sphere. If you already had 3D cells and some scalars, you wouldn't need to run either of these routines before vtkImplicitDataSet.

Maybe I should add a few extra comments to the python example to make this even more explicit. ( http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Python/vtkImplicitDataSet )

-Eric