[vtkusers] Real-Time Image Warping

Jorge Ballesteros jballesteros at motivando.me
Thu Apr 8 06:38:04 EDT 2010

Hello all,

I have been trying to perform a real-time image warping with no success.
  I have managed to warp a 512x512x100 Image but the computation time it
takes is very high. Then I extracted a portion of the image, just 3
slices and warped the image but still don't meet real-time requirements.

FYI i have been following VTK Examples,
Hybrid/Testing/TestGridWarp3d.tcl, using the vtkImageReslice class with
a vtkGridTransform as the input transform and a 512x512x3 input image,
obtaining a ~10 Hz frame rate.

Don't know if there is any other way on doing this. It would be really
helpful if you could point me on how to achieve it.

Thanks,

Jorge