[vtkusers] infovis graph weight as edge thickness

Jeff Baumes jeff.baumes at kitware.com
Mon Sep 28 08:12:29 EDT 2009

Ahmed,

The graph layout view does not currently support varying the edge
width of each edge. But what I have found to be effective is to set
the opacity range of the lookup table for the edges to go from 0.0 to
1.0. This effectively makes higher-weight edges stand out more.

view->SetEdgeColorArrayName("your edge weight array");
view->ColorEdgesOn();

vtkViewTheme* theme = vtkViewTheme::New();
vtkLookupTable lut = vtkLookupTable::SafeDownCast(theme->GetCellLookupTable());
lut->SetOpacityRange(0.0, 1.0);
view->ApplyViewTheme(lut);

Jeff