[vtkusers] Problems running some vtk examples

brian moroz brimoroz at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 10:15:34 EDT 2009

Hi,

I am having some trouble with several of the vtk examples. There aren't any
problems with the simpler examples such cone.tcl or mace.tcl, however, I
cannot get other examples such frog.tcl or thrshldV.tcl to work. I've
corrected the data paths in these tcl files and vtk doesn't seem to complain
about problems with opening or reading the data file(s) but when executing
`vtk thrshldV.tcl`, for example, a window is produced with only a blue
background and the window seems unresponsive.

I built vtk and bindings from source without any problems on debian (lenny)
and I'm using an nvidia graphics card.

I'm obviously new to vtk and don't have a great idea where the problem could
be so any help is appreciated. And if this has been documented on a previous
thread, just bump me in the right direction.

Thank you,

Brian