[vtkusers] CMAKE + VTK + QT

Nicolas RANNOU nrannou at bwh.harvard.edu
Tue Sep 15 07:23:27 EDT 2009

Well I have the same error when I configure the cmake:
Invalid qmake found

When I configure manually the path to
 QT_MOC_EXECUTABLE                /usr/bin/moc-qt4
 QT_UIC_EXECUTABLE                /usr/bin/uic-qt4

(QT_UIS_EXECUTABLE not available)

cmake can still not found qmake but I can generate a CMakeLists.txt. If I
run make with the generated CMakeLists.txt, I get several mistakes during
the compilation (I'm trying to compile SimpleView from
VTK/Examples/GUI/QT/SimpleView). I copied The SimpleView directory to
another place in my hard drive and try to compile it from /home/nico/Work/.

When I run "make" in /home/nico/Work/SimpleView/ after doing "ccmake ." and
"cmake ."

I get the following errors

/-------------------------------------------------------------------/
In the folder included from /home/nico/Work/SimpleView/SimpleView4.h:38,
          from /home/nico/Work/SimpleView/main.cxx:29:
/home/nico/Work/SimpleView/ui_uiSimpleView4.h:26:24: erreur: QVTKWidget.h :
No file or folder of this type
In file included from /home/nico/Work/SimpleView/SimpleView4.h:38,
                 from /home/nico/Work/SimpleView/main.cxx:29:
/home/nico/Work/SimpleView/ui_uiSimpleView4.h:39: erreur: ISO C++ forbids
declaration of ‘QVTKWidget’ with no type
/home/nico/Work/SimpleView/ui_uiSimpleView4.h:39: erreur: expected ‘;’
before ‘*’ token
/home/nico/Work/SimpleView/ui_uiSimpleView4.h: In member function ‘void
Ui_MainWindow::setupUi(QMainWindow*)’:
/home/nico/Work/SimpleView/ui_uiSimpleView4.h:85: erreur: ‘vtkWidget’
was not declared in this scope
/home/nico/Work/SimpleView/ui_uiSimpleView4.h:85: erreur: expected
type-specifier before ‘QVTKWidget’
/home/nico/Work/SimpleView/ui_uiSimpleView4.h:85: erreur: expected `;'
before ‘QVTKWidget’
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/qtsimpleview.dir/main.cxx.o] Erreur 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/qtsimpleview.dir/all] Erreur 2
make: *** [all] Erreur 2
/-------------------------------------------------------------------/

A strange thing I must have noticed first, is that when I built vtk, I
can't turn on/off  VTK_USE_QVTK and VTK_USE_GUISUPPORT.

The options are not available in cmake when I run "ccmake ../VTK", to
configure cmakelists before building VTK.

Nicolas

On Tue, 15 Sep 2009 07:42:50 +0100, "Adriano Gagliardi"
<agagliardi at ara.co.uk> wrote:

> This is what you have installed:
> /usr/bin/qmake-qt4
>
> Can you replace this:
> QT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE=/usr/bin/qmake-NOTFOUND
>
> with what is above ie:
> QT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE=/usr/bin/qmake-qt4
>
> ===================================
>
> Adriano Gagliardi MEng PhD
> Project Scientist
> Computational Aerodynamics
> Aircraft Research Association Ltd.
> Manton Lane
> Bedford
>
> Tel: 01234 32 4644
> E-mail: agagliardi at ara.co.uk
Behalf
> Of Nicolas RANNOU
> Sent: 14 September 2009 19:40
> To: Francois Bertel
> Cc: vtkusers at vtk.org
> Subject: Re: [vtkusers] CMAKE + VTK + QT
>
> Hello,
>
> so I checked the symlink. As you said,
>
>  /usr/bin/qmake is a symlink pointing to  /etc/alternatives/qmake
> /etc/alternatives/qmake is a symlink pointing  to /usr/bin/qmake-qt4
>
> I checked that it is not pointing to a non-existing file.
>
> and
> $ dpkg -S /usr/bin/qmake-qt4
> returns
> qt4-qmake: /usr/bin/qmake-qt4
>
> So everything seem to be fine...
>
> Thanks,
>

> Nicolas
>
> On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 14:05:43 -0400, Francois Bertel
> <francois.bertel at kitware.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> On Ubuntu 9.04, the only packages I installed are libqt4-dev and
>> libqt4-dev-dbg. Everything else have been installed by automatic
>> dependency solving.
>>
>> Notably,
>>
>> /usr/bin/qmake is a symlink to  /etc/alternatives/qmake
>> /etc/alternatives/qmake is a symlink to /usr/bin/qmake-qt4
>>
>> /usr/bin/qmake-qt4 is provided by package "qt4-qmake" (automatically
>> installed with the dependency resolution above)
>>
>> This command line checks which package provides /usr/bin/qmake-qt4:
>> $ dpkg -S /usr/bin/qmake-qt4
>> qt4-qmake: /usr/bin/qmake-qt4
>>
>> Make sure that you /usr/bin/qmake is not a symlink pointing to an
>> non-existing file.
>>

>> On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 1:46 PM, Nicolas RANNOU
>> <nrannou at bwh.harvard.edu>
>> wrote:
>>> So I uninstalled the QT version I downloaded from qt.nokia and I only
>> kept
>>> the packages downloaded with apt-get.
>>>
>>> "which qmake" returns
>>> /usr/bin/qmake
>>>
>>>  after configuration in the cmake,
>>>
>>> output:
>>> /-----------------------------------------------/
>>>  Multiple versions of QT found please set DESIRED_QT_VERSION
>>> /-----------------------------------------------/
>>>
>>> but the qmake is still not found...
>>> if I highlight  QT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE:
>>>
>>> QT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE              /usr/bin/qmake-NOTFOUND
>>> QT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE: Invalid qmake found
>>>

>>> Nicolas

>>> that
>> on
>> the

QT_INCLUDE_DIR=/raid2/gagliard/Paraview/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.5.0-64-bin/i

QT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE=/raid2/gagliard/Paraview/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.5.0-64-