[vtkusers] cutting a region in volume ,

Bryn Lloyd blloyd at vision.ee.ethz.ch
Mon Sep 7 03:28:45 EDT 2009

You could try to do it in paraview (www.paraview.org). Paraview is built
using vtk classes. It has methods to clip/cut meshes and images.

In paraview you have the possibility to select a bounding box or the
parameters of a plane (normal,origin) to clip parts of your object.

If you have to do this many times, or need to implement your own code,
you should look at the examples in VTK, e.g. for classes
vtkBoxClipDataSet, vtkClipDataSet, etc.

Often the doxygen class description has a link to examples and tests, e.g.
http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/c2_vtk_t_3.html#c2_vtk_t_vtkClipDataSet

Ali Habib wrote:
> Dear All
>
> I reconstructed 3D model of skull (containing maxillofacila part) I want
> to select a part of the jaw and delete it , how can I achieve that I
> read about clipping but don't know how to do that
>
> your advice will be highly appretiated
>

> best regards

Bryn Lloyd
Computer Vision Laboratory
ETH Zürich, Sternwartstrasse 7, ETF C110
CH - 8092 Zürich, Switzerland
Tel: +41 44 63 26668
Fax: +41 44 63 21199