[vtkusers] Changing Text Property of axis labels for XY Plots

Venkattraman A venkattraman04 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 21:04:23 EDT 2009

Hi,

I have been trying to change the properties of the y-axis label in one of my
xy plots obtained in VTK. I use the following piece of code

self.xyplot.GetYAxisActor2D().GetTitleTextProperty().SetOrientation(45.0)

self.xyplot.GetYAxisActor2D().GetTitleTextProperty().ItalicOn()

self.xyplot.GetYAxisActor2D().GetTitleTextProperty().BoldOn()

self.xyplot.GetYAxisActor2D().GetTitleTextProperty().SetColor(1.0,0.0,0.0)
                print
self.xyplot.GetYAxisActor2D().GetTitleTextProperty().GetColor()
                print
self.xyplot.GetYAxisActor2D().GetTitleTextProperty().GetOrientation()

I notice that the print statements do reflect the changes I made but there
is absolutely no change in the plot itself. Is there some kind of an
Update() like method I need to call ? My main aim is to rotate the Y axis
label by 90 degrees but none of the text property changes are reflected and
so I was wondering if I was overlooking something very silly.

Thanks in advance!
Venkat
--
Venkattraman