[vtkusers] no VTK binary

Helvin Lui helvinlui at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 19:50:08 EDT 2009

When you install VTK with Cmake, you specified the bin folder, did you not?The
second textbox in Cmake, which says "Where to build the binaries". If it
built correctly, then you should find the bin in there.

I have some instructions on building vtk, but with python bindings.
http://learnwithhelvin.blogspot.com/2009/07/how-to-install-vtk-for-use-with-python.html

Helvin

On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 2:43 AM, Steve Giessler
<steve.giessler at mail.wvu.edu>wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I work at West Virginia University. In the Math dept. they have a cluster
> that they want to run VTK on. I have never installed or used this package. I
> first installed cmake 2.6 and then compiled and installed VTK according to
> the instructions. The only problem is, I can't find the vtk binary. I'm
> assuming it should install under my install path/bin right?
>
> The only things it installed in my install path/bin were:
>
> -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  431171 Sep  2 16:33 lproj
> -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root   18986 Sep  2 16:33 vtkEncodeString
>
> Where is vtk?
>
> It seemed to compile without error.
>
> --
>
> Steve Giessler, Professional Technologist
> West Virginia University
> Eberly College of Arts and Sciences
> 201 Woodburn Hall
> Morgantown, WV 26506
> (304) 293-7405 x5252

> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

Helvin

"Though the world may promise me more, I'm just made to be filled with the
Lord."