[vtkusers] no VTK binary

Steve Giessler steve.giessler at mail.wvu.edu
Thu Sep 3 10:43:42 EDT 2009

Greetings,

I work at West Virginia University. In the Math dept. they have a
cluster that they want to run VTK on. I have never installed or used
this package. I first installed cmake 2.6 and then compiled and
installed VTK according to the instructions. The only problem is, I
can't find the vtk binary. I'm assuming it should install under my
install path/bin right?

The only things it installed in my install path/bin were:

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  431171 Sep  2 16:33 lproj
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root   18986 Sep  2 16:33 vtkEncodeString

Where is vtk?

It seemed to compile without error.

--

Steve Giessler, Professional Technologist
West Virginia University