[vtkusers] how to read dicom files with vtkGDCMImageReader

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 16:05:34 EDT 2009

On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 7:17 PM, Orlinn
<MeinDatenLaufwerk at googlemail.com> wrote:

> hi,
>
> i would like to read dicom files with vtkGDCMImageReader but did not found
> any examples.
> With vtkDICOMImageReader i can read with
>
>         vtkDICOMImageReader= new vtKDICOMImageReader();
>         reader.setDirectory("c/dicomfiles/dicomDirectory")
>         reader.update();

I considered this q bqd design. Instead you have to use to vtk
objects: vtkDirectory -> GetFilenames -> vtkGDCMImageReader.

In this case you are free to remove/add/manipulate the order of the
the Filenames before passing to vtkGDCMImageReader.

> vtkGDCMIamgeReader has not such method to set a directory which containts
> DICOM files.

Make sure to read at least twice the FAQ:

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/gdcm/index.php?title=Using_GDCM_API#Automatic_ordering_of_slices_for_vtkGDCMImageReader.SetFileNames

Cheers
--
Mathieu