[vtkusers] x-ray effect in volume rendering

Rocco Gasteiger post at rocco-gasteiger.de
Fri Oct 23 07:23:20 EDT 2009

Hello,

Yes, you can! ;-)

It is quite simply. In your composite function accumulate all sampled scalar
values (or opacity values) on your ray and divide it by
numSteps*globalMaximumScalarValue at the end (to get the average between 0
and 1). I've implement it and it should work.

Best regards, Rocco

Dipl.-Ing. Rocco Gasteiger
Otto-von-Guericke University
Faculty of Computer Science
Department of Simulation and Graphics
Universitätsplatz 2, 39106 Magdeburg, Germany

Office:  G29-223
Phone:   +49 391 67 127 59
Fax:     +49 391 67 111 64
Website: http://wwwisg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/cvcms/