[vtkusers] x-ray effect in volume rendering

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohiou.edu
Fri Oct 23 06:18:24 EDT 2009

On 10/23/2009 05:30 AM, baliki2 at freemail.gr wrote:
> Is there a way that i can achieve an x-ray effect in volume rendering of DICOM images?
> I want to see the constructed volume as a 2D xray-like "image".
>
> I've tied the composite function combined with some tranfer and color functions, but i didn't take the exact x-ray effect. The images i use are of short type.

You probably want a volume renderer that can do a Maximum Intensity
Projection ( MIP ).

vtkVolumeMapper
http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkVolumeMapper.html defines
SetBlendModeToMaximumIntensity so any of it's children should be able to
do what you want.

I've only used vtkFixedPointVolumeRayCastMapper
http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkFixedPointVolumeRayCastMapper.html
and I know that works.