[vtkusers] I'm sorry for disturbance

Jérôme jerome.velut at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 16:06:20 EDT 2009

Hi Ali,
If you don't get answers to your questions, this is certainly because nobody
has answers. They could be several reasons for that:
- your problem needs really high skills to be solved,
- you didn't explain your problem clearly enough,
- people simply don't have time.

In my case, the second reason is why I *cannot* give you more helps.
But I guess that, for your first question, you want to use vtkMarchingCube
to extract an isosurface from a volume.
For your second question, your code doesn't make sense: you pass a
triangulated mesh through a vtkDelaunay3D filter, that is a triangulation
process... Despite this, I tried to apply delaunay on a sphere source in
paraview, and I effectively get "Unable to factor linear system" as VTK
warning (not error). But I get an almost valid output (2 degenerate
triangles are encountered). If you try to triangulate the output of
vtkPointSource (produces a point cloud), you will find a nice triangulation
of the points that are on the bounding surface.

And once again, please do not send private message, since I am just a
vtk-user like the other people that subscribe to the list.

Best regards,
Jerome