[vtkusers] vtkusers Digest, Vol 66, Issue 21

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 21:45:53 EDT 2009

On Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 9:38 PM, Zheng,Guang <guangz at u.washington.edu> wrote:
> Hi, John:
>
> Thanks for your quick reply!
>
> Do you mean I need to rebuild the *.sln with CMAKE and turn on the
> LARGEADDRESS flag ?

IF(WIN32)
   SET(CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS "/WL /MP /GR /EHsc" )
   SET(CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS "/INCREMENTAL:NO /MANIFEST /STACK:10000000 ")

IF(CMAKE_SIZEOF_VOID_P MATCHES 4)
     SET(CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS "${CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS}
/machine:I386 /LARGEADDRESSAWARE")
ELSE(CMAKE_SIZEOF_VOID_P MATCHES 4)
 SET(CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS "${CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS} /machine:X64")
   ENDIF(CMAKE_SIZEOF_VOID_P MATCHES 4)

ENDIF(WIN32)

> My dektop is WINXP 64-bit, when I tried to run it on my laptop, which is a
> winxp 32 with only 2G memory. i got the same problem. does that mean the 2G
> memory is not big enough to run it? I am thinking that I may need to use the
> VTKMASKPOINTS class to randomly remove some points before I visualize it?
>
> I remember the error message I got in my laptop is something related with
> the vtkDATAarray ( int, double, or other type information). does different
> type of data array affect the memory consumption?

It should. I mean if you choose double that is 8 bytes per pixel. And
int is 4 bytes per pixel.

> I can send you my code if you need to figure out the problem!

Please post it to the list if it is small. I am exhausted and pretty
much done looking at code for the evening..

John