[vtkusers] Compile problem for TestGenericDataSetTessellator

soosho esteghamat at fastmail.fm
Sat Oct 17 21:27:47 EDT 2009

Hi All,

I am trying to compile one of the code snippets for vtkActor class
(http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/GenericFiltering/Testing/Cxx/TestGenericDataSetTessellator.cxx?root=VTK&content-type=text/plain).
However, Visual C++ Express 2008 throws the following error. It is
noteworthy that I included every library.

I am really confused. It seems that I am neglecting a library.
Nonetheless, as I said I included every library.

Any help in this regard would be highly appreciative.

Regards,

Mehdi

1>------ Build started: Project: VtkActorSample, Configuration: Debug
Win32 ------
1>Compiling...
1>stdafx.cpp
1>Compiling...
1>VtkActorSample.cpp
1>Linking...
1>VtkActorSample.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"public: void __thiscall vtkBridgeDataSet::SetDataSet(class vtkDataSet
*)" (?SetDataSet at vtkBridgeDataSet@@QAEXPAVvtkDataSet@@@Z) referenced in
function "int __cdecl TestGenericDataSetTessellator(int,char * * const)"
(?TestGenericDataSetTessellator@@YAHHQAPAD at Z)
1>VtkActorSample.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"public: static class vtkBridgeDataSet * __cdecl
vtkBridgeDataSet::New(void)" (?New at vtkBridgeDataSet@@SAPAV1 at XZ)
referenced in function "int __cdecl
TestGenericDataSetTessellator(int,char * * const)"
(?TestGenericDataSetTessellator@@YAHHQAPAD at Z)
1>MSVCRTD.lib(crtexe.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
_main referenced in function ___tmainCRTStartup
1>C:\Documents and Settings\mehdie\My Documents\Visual Studio
2008\Projects\VtkActorSample\Debug\VtkActorSample.exe : fatal error
LNK1120: 3 unresolved externals
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\mehdie\My
Documents\Visual Studio
2008\Projects\VtkActorSample\VtkActorSample\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
1>VtkActorSample - 4 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped
--
  soosho
  esteghamat at fastmail.fm