[vtkusers] get an arbitary oblique slice through volume with vtkImageReslice

Dean Inglis dean.inglis at sympatico.ca
Thu Oct 15 20:32:38 EDT 2009

Orlinn,

it sounds like you have only seen the example application that
shows 3 vtkImagePlaneWidgets slicing through the head CT dataset
(VTK/Examples/GUI/Tcl/ImagePlaneWidget.tcl).
One can have as many or as few widgets interacting with the
data as one wants.  If you want 3 working orthogonally, you
could use vtkImageOrthoPlanes ( which manages 3 vtkImagePlaneWidgets
internally) and add a separate vtkImagePlaneWidget for
additional arbitrary oblique reslicing.

Dean