[vtkusers] how to relocate/rotate vtkplanewidget

itkvtk123 at gmx.net itkvtk123 at gmx.net
Wed Oct 14 18:47:32 EDT 2009

Hey guys,

I'm trying to reposition my vtkplanewidget in 2d space.
But I don't know yet how I can rotate the widget.

The relocation works now, but the solution is very complicated.
When x1, y1, x2, y2 are the bounds for the widget,
I reposition it in space using

planeWidget->SetOrigin(x2, y1, 0);
planeWidget->SetPoint1(x1, y1, 0);
planeWidget->SetPoint2(x2, y2, 0);

I have absolutely no clue why I have to set the origin to (x2, y1, 0), but after a long period of trial and error, I found out that I have to do it this way.

Is there a better (= easier) solution to reposition the widget and how do I rotate it?
(i tried vtkTransformPolyDataFilter, but it had no effect; and I cannot reposition the actor since I have no access to the methods)

Best regards,
itkvtk123