[vtkusers] get an arbitary oblique slice through volume with vtkImageReslice

David Feng dfeng at cs.unc.edu
Mon Oct 12 13:08:38 EDT 2009

The vtkImagePlaneWidget class will let you interactively
rotate/scale/etc a slice plane through a volume and show you the results
as you go.  I think you just need to click on the boundaries of the
image to start the different manipulations.  You can get the sliced
values out from the widget via GetResliceOutput(), or something
similar.  I think you can set the position of the plane programmatically
as well.

If you want to get dirty with vtkImageReslice, I believe what you'll
need to do is make a vtkPlane and connect it via SetInputInformation().
The ResliceAxesDirectionCosines allow you transform the plane (or
whatever reslice structure you use) into a different coordinate space
(patient space to world space, for example).  In your case, it's
probably easier to manipulate the vtkPlane directly.

David