[vtkusers] Question about volume

zhuohongyu zhuohongyu at modern.org
Sun Oct 11 21:02:51 EDT 2009

Hello,

Here is a difficult question about volume to me.

I just want to render volume with CT data, but do a little change to CT
value of some organ before render it.

The Right-lung, its value of CT is from A to B, then give a addition to it ,
the addition is Delta, so its value of CT is from (A + Delta) to (B +
Delta);

The Left-lung,its value of CT is from C to D, then give double addition to
it, the addition is 2*Delta, so its value of CT is from (C + 2*Delta) to (D
+ 2*Delta);

Then, render image data in the view by vtkVolume and
vtkVolumeTextureMapper3D. Set the Opacity of (A + Delta) to (B + Delta) is
1.0 , and Set the opacity of  (C + 2*Delta) to (D + 2*Delta) is also 1.0,
others is 0.0. The color of Left-lung and Right-lung is show in the figure
1. The ideal result is following situation (figure 1):

figure 1

But, the fact is despair, result is following situation(figure 2):

figure 2

The surface of Right-lung is same color with left-lung. We remove the
Right-lung, we could see this fact clearly(Figure 3):

Figure 3

This question boring me for a long time, I have try to solve this question
through lots of ways, by the result is unsuccessful. I don't know why is it,
and don't know how to solve it.

Please help me , thank you very much!

HongYuZhuo