[vtkusers] vtkEnSightWriter--VTK_WEDGE?

kenichiro yoshimi rccm.kyoshimi at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 12:23:21 EDT 2009

Dear Berk,

thanks for answering.

I'm sorry I'm a beginner of VTK and I'm not good at English.

I made the vtkEnSightReaderTemp class from the vtkEnSightReader class, and
added to the followings:

1. In "void WriteData()"

    elementTypes.push_back(VTK_HEXAHEDRON);
    elementTypes.push_back(VTK_WEDGE);  <---- add
    elementTypes.push_back(VTK_PYRAMID);

2. In "void WriteElementTypeToFile(int elementType,FILE* fd)"

    case(VTK_HEXAHEDRON):
      this->WriteStringToFile("hexa8",fd);
      break;
    case(VTK_WEDGE):                          <---- add
      this->WriteStringToFile("penta6",fd);  <---- add
      break;                                              <---- add
    case(VTK_PYRAMID):
      this->WriteStringToFile("pyramid5",fd);
      break;

3.  I silmilarly added to next element types, but I haven't tested them yet:
  VTK_QUADRATIC_WEDGE
  VTK_QUADRATIC_EDGE
  this->GhostLevelMultiplier+VTK_WEDGE
  this->GhostLevelMultiplier+VTK_QUADRATIC_WEDGE

Is there a problem?

thanks a lot,

yoshimi