[vtkusers] Using an isosurface as the cut function with an unstructured grid. (UNCLASSIFIED)

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 17:42:07 EDT 2009

vtkCutter works with either a CutFunction or point data scalars
defined on the input dataset. So I think you could use ProbeFilter to
probe the material volume. This will assign material volume fractions
scalars to the input data. Then specify the the particular value as
the contour value.

Don't forget to apply the method GenerateCutScalarsOn(). It is off by default.

It might work,

Bill