[vtkusers] Data Scaling Question

Frederick Isaac freddyisaac at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 1 15:36:09 EDT 2009

Hi,

I am still strugglilng with something that should be quite simple but can't find the right way to do it.

I have a simple xyz plot where the bounding box is xy plane [-0.6,0.6]x[-0.6,0.6] and the z data are scalars in the range [-4.0,4.0].

When the carpet plot renders it scales to the z range, i.e. it sees a long thin bounding box. What is the easiest way to rescale the scalras so that the bounding box retains the correct values (for the axes) and the plot is scaled to fit better (i.e. larger in xy).

should I use vtkTransform to scale by (1.0, 1.0,0.1) for example and do the zxes by hand by providing range values and not use the bounding box or is there a way to do this using the camera or is there a better way to do this.

I am leaning towards the transform and range but then I feel that I am doing most of the work and that there must be an easier way to do this.

Thanks in advance

Cheers