[vtkusers] Installation location on Mac

Darren Dale dsdale24 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 14:31:13 EST 2009

Hi Michael,

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 2:10 PM, Michael Jackson
<mike.jackson at bluequartz.net> wrote:
> rebuild and reinstall.

That was the reason for my post, I had already set
CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX in CMakeCache.txt, then I ran cmake again, built
and installed, but was not able to import the vtk python package.

> You can get around this by listing /usr/local/lib/vtk-5.4 in
> DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable.

Yes, that does work. I didn't see it documented anywhere. It would be
easier if the dylibs were copied somewhere that was already searched.

> There is also an option to build vtk with the full path embedded in the
> libraries. You will have to look for the CMAKE setting to set. I can't
> remember it off the top of my head.

I didn't see anything in CMakeCache.txt.

Darren