[vtkusers] duplicated vertex in marching cubes?

lucas Grijander dev_crisalix at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 11 10:20:41 EST 2009

Hi all!
I am using vtkMarchingCubes to calculate a 3D mesh of a volume I have. Fist I initialize the filter with:
vtkMarchingCubes* iso = vtkMarchingCubes::New();iso->SetInput(object);iso->SetValue(0,1); // Surface #0, iso-value=1		iso->Update();
then I fill the vtkStructuredPoints.
The problem I have is, as you can see in the pictures, when you have a close look to the trianbles (screen2) you can see duplicated triangles and vertex, and this is a huge problem for my application... I supposed vtkMarchingCubes should generate a single surface mesh... I don't know if that's the reason, but when I fill the vtkStructuredPoints I use
scalars->InsertValue(cnt, 0) ; and scalars->InsertValue(cnt, 128) ;
I took all these from an example, I still don't know what you have to set as values, either 1 or 128... in addition the result change with this number and I'm not sure why.
What should I use as values? and also why I have this "double" triangles mesh?
thanks!
Jaime.
Windows Live: Make it easier for your friends to see  what you’re up to on Facebook.
Keep your friends updated— even when you’re not signed in.
http://www.microsoft.com/middleeast/windows/windowslive/see-it-in-action/social-network-basics.aspx?ocid=PID23461::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-xm:SI_SB_3:092010