[vtkusers] VTK with Qt Problems

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 18:47:25 EST 2009

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 6:27 PM, ferr <ferr.mail at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have been trying to install VTK with Qt add-ins for the past few hours and
> am having no success.
>
> The two keys for enabling VTK-Qt in the CMake process do not show up for me
> (VTK_USE_QVTK, VTK_USE_GUISUPPORT).  I believe there is a problem with
> environment variables not being configured properly and VTK/CMake cannot see
> Qt.

Both of these settings should available with no Qt installed. Look at
advanced settings on cmake-gui.

You first activate  VTK_USE_GUISUPPORT

then

VTK_USE_QVTK

then set your Qt version.

Then help cmake find your Qt if it can not (it doesn't for me I have
Qt installed on X:\32bit\libraries). You do this by specifying the
location of qmake.exe

John

John