[vtkusers] VTK with Qt Problems

ferr ferr.mail at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 18:27:48 EST 2009

I have been trying to install VTK with Qt add-ins for the past few hours and
am having no success.

The two keys for enabling VTK-Qt in the CMake process do not show up for me
(VTK_USE_QVTK, VTK_USE_GUISUPPORT).  I believe there is a problem with
environment variables not being configured properly and VTK/CMake cannot see
Qt.

I installed Qt using the commercial installation package, I did not build it
from source.  It apparently did not add environment variable information.  I
have added QTDIR with the Qt Directory as the path, added the bin folder to
PATH, as well as added QT_INCLUDE with the include directory.  No
permutation of any solutions have worked out so far.

I found this post, "After you have Qt installed on your system, rerun CMake
on the VTK sources and then time tell CMake where to find qmake.exe using a
full absolute path such as "C:\Qt-4\bin\qmake.exe". Run "Configure" again
inside CMake-Gui.exe and this time through CMake should be able to locate Qt
for you.", however I am having trouble making sense of it.. is there a way
to simply point CMake to certain directories of interest?  I tried adding
entries for the interesting Qt folders, but the required VTK keys did not
show up (I don't know how to 'tell' CMake where to find qmake.exe other than
to add it as an Entry which seemed to do nothing).

Please help, thanks.