[vtkusers] [VtkEdge] Volume rendering questions

Loris Vosilla loris.vosilla at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 11:26:17 EST 2009

Hello Lisa and vtkusers,
thank for your reply, this is a great news for me as well.

I thought the first problem is due to the way the ray is traced because if
I change the camera to an orthographic projection the problem disappears
(but of course I don't get what I need)

As regard of the second issue I will then use two different renderers in the
two
viewports.
Moreover, looking into slicer 3.x I found several volume rendering mappers
both based on vtk. I would like to ask you what is the difference between
these mappers and vtkKWEVolumeMapper.  Is The difference only related
to the implementation or there is a substantial difference related to the
rendering algorithm ? Where can I find more information on them ?

I'm looking forward to seeing the next vtk release
Thanks
-Loris