[vtkusers] Volume rendering of not equidistant planes

Lisa Avila lisa.avila at kitware.com
Tue Nov 10 10:32:04 EST 2009

Michael,

Your only way to render that data in VTK using existing functionality is
to convert to a vtkImageData. Only the vtkImageData volume mappers have
the ability to render RGBA data. If you are ambitious, you can write a
new mapper for vtkRectilinearGrid (something similar to the 2D texture
mapper for vtkImageData). For someone knowledgeable in both VTK and
volume rendering this would probably take a few weeks to accomplish.

Lisa