[vtkusers] Volume rendering of not equidistant planes

Michael Kloster vtkusers at michael-kloster.de
Mon Nov 9 17:12:34 EST 2009

Hello everybody!

I am a complete beginner in VTK and want to use it for volume rendering.

I have a huge amount of data to visualize (hundreds of planes, each
about one megapixels). This data is RGBA an I want to visualize it
showing the real RGB color using the opacity from the alpha channel.

My problem is that the distance between the image planes is not equidistant.

Can anybody give me some advice on how to handle and render such data?

Any help is wellcome!

Thank you very much,
bye,
Michael