[vtkusers] vtkDenseArray with custom type?

Jeff Baumes jeff.baumes at kitware.com
Fri Nov 6 09:54:59 EST 2009

> Yes, sorry Jeff. However, now it says
> error: conversion from 'const Point' to non-scalar type 'vtkVariant'
> requested
>
> So since the vtkDenseArray stores everything internally as a
> vtkVariant I guess I'd have to read up on vtkVariant and write a
> conversion function from my type to vtkVariant? Is this the way to go?

Hm. Didn't realize the dependency on vtkVariant conversions. Not sure
exactly how this would work. If you figure out how to write the conversion
code for your new type without editing vtkVariant (or if anyone else has
ideas), let the list know. It would be nice if the new vtkArray classes
could handle arbitrary data types.

Jeff