[vtkusers] vtkDenseArray with custom type?

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 10:13:25 EST 2009

On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 10:08 AM, Jeff Baumes <jeff.baumes at kitware.com> wrote:
>>  vtkSmartPointer<vtkDenseArray<Point> > array =
>> vtkSmartPointer<vtkDenseArray<double> >::New();
>
> Shouldn't this line be
>  vtkSmartPointer<vtkDenseArray<Point> > array =
> vtkSmartPointer<vtkDenseArray<Point> >::New();
> Jeff

Yes, sorry Jeff. However, now it says
error: conversion from 'const Point' to non-scalar type 'vtkVariant' requested

So since the vtkDenseArray stores everything internally as a
vtkVariant I guess I'd have to read up on vtkVariant and write a
conversion function from my type to vtkVariant? Is this the way to go?

Thanks,

David