[vtkusers] [Insight-users] Need published paper..

Thu May 28 14:41:11 EDT 2009

1. VTK is a portable high-level graphics library.  Normally you never
interact with OpenGL --  you use the VTK API to do rendering
independent of the underlying graphics language.  The VTK API is
system-independent -- the same VTK Code works on Windows, Mac OS X,
Linux, SGI, Sun etc.

2. Using a combination of VTK with Tcl and the Tk system, you can
write applications that will run without changes on all supported
platforms.  It is possible  to use VTK with several GUI libraries,
like wxWindows, Qt, and KWWidgets.  It is also possible to hook into
non-portable systems like MFC.

Look at the VTK examples in VTK/Examples/GUI/Win32/vtkMFC for how it
is possible to integrate VTK into MFC applications.