[vtkusers] vtkPicker picks an actor that isnt remotely close to the pick point

John Eke tonee47 at yahoo.com
Thu May 28 10:02:23 EDT 2009

Hi Guys,

I have a scenario where I am trying to enable annotations on images displayed in a vtkImageActor. When I click on the image, I place a small marker at that point on the image. Now when I click on that marker, it allows me to do other things like enter notes etc.

Problem is, I use vtkPicker to do the pick, and when I click on the marker it works, problem is I move several pixels AWAY from the marker and when I attempt a pick, I still pick the same marker. It seems the markers have a few pixels around them where if you click, you can still pick the actor. IS there any way to change this? Are there any params in vtkPicker I can set to make sure that the markers should ONLY be picked if the intersect DIRECTLY with the pick point?

Thanks

John E