[vtkusers] vtkXMLImageDataWriter, writes file?

Chris N alucard006 at msn.com
Tue May 26 03:27:21 EDT 2009

Hi,

I'm currently trying to make use of Paraview program but I need a *.vti type file.  So I'm trying to make use of vtkXMLImageDataWriter and read through its library details.  I noticed they had a test file which I used it's few lines of writing out a file.  Such as...

    //WRITER - Save the result of the filter in a file
    vtkXMLImageDataWriter *writer = vtkXMLImageDataWriter::New();
    writer->SetInputConnection(vtkPolyDataMapper::skinMapper->GetOutputPort());
    writer->SetFileName("image.vti");
    writer->SetDataModeToBinary();
    writer->Write();
    writer->Delete();

My problem is when I run the program I don't have an image.vti file anywhere.  I've scanned through my computer a few times but nothing comes up.  What are some possible problems why it doesn't run?  Also where would it write my file to?  Can I set my directory location within the argument of SetFileName() function?  Thanks

Chris